Vipoopoo is a side dish mostly prepared during Ramadhan. I always feel like this would make a good desert; so I decided to modify this recipe to be just perfect for a dessert. I do believe we do need to modify our recipes. We do have nice recipes that can be used in different ways. Enjoy.
- 1 cup rice flour
- ¼ tsp Cardamon ground
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- Food color Optional
- Boil water.
- Add rice flour; mix well with a wooden spoon until the mixture is hard.
- Divide into different parts depending on how many colors you are using.
- Add color in each and continue to mix until the color blend well.
- Make small balls of about ½ tea spoon full. set aside
- Mix sugar and coconut milk. Make sure the sugar is dissolved completely. Then boil the mixture.
- Put a few rice balls in the boiling coconut milk for about 5 minutes or until soft. Remove from the pot and place into dessert bowl. Repeat until all rice balls are cooked.
- When all balls are done. Increase the heat a little bit and let the coconut boil until it turns to heavy syrup. Remove from stove and let it cool.
- Pour the syrup to each bowl of rice balls. You can cover the balls with syrup or just put half. This will be your choice.
- Serve at room temperature.