- 4 ripe / almost ripe sweet mangos (For cocktail cubes, use 3-4 raw mangos; they don’t have to be very raw, but not almost ripe.
- 2 tbsp. hot chili powder
- 2 tsp. table salt
- 1 tsp. citric acid or 3 tbsp. lime juice
- In a wide bowl, mix all ingredients except mango. But if you are mixing to use with a raw mango, omit citric acid/lime juice.
- Cut the mango into slices but do not cut through, you don’t want the pieces to be detached from the mango.Then roll the top part of the mango into the pilipili masala. Serve.
- If you are cutting a raw mango for cocktail,cut into half inch cubes or a bit larger. mix the mangos with the masala, serve on a big plate with food picks (please do not use your hands unless you remember to wash them)