You do not always have to eat meat, egg stew is the best thing close to meat for your protein. This recipe can be served with almost anything.
- 6 hard boiled and peeled eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. minced ginger
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 cup chopped ripe tomatoes
- 1 tsp. curry masala or turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup cut up carrots
- 1 cup chopped sweet pepper
- 2 tbsp. cilantro
- 3 tbsp. vegetable or olive oil
- Heat oil in a pan, sauté onions, and stir until brown, then add garlic and stir for 1 minute.
- Add ginger and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add tomato paste, stir for 2 minutes, then add curry masala and tomatoes, lower heat to medium-low, and cover the pan. Simmer until the tomatoes soften. Use a cooking spoon to press the tomatoes while cooking to soften them quickly.
- Add coconut milk, water, and carrots, cover the pan, and simmer on medium-low heat until the mixture boils. Add sweet peppers, cilantro, and eggs. Cook until the carrots are soft.
Ingredients translation English to Swahili click here